A test drive is your opportunity to learn exactly how a car will handle any driving situation. You’ll be driving to test out the drivetrain, steering, suspension, brakes, and more. This test drive will be an important element in deciding which car to purchase. If you are looking for a new Ford, then visit Elkins Fordland for a test drive, but before you do, read this test drive checklist.
- Do your research before you drive to gather basic information on each car’s performance.
- Test drive all the vehicles that you are considering on the same day for a fair comparison.
- Drive each car for 30 minutes in different conditions, including city and highway driving.
- Determine ride comfort on uneven pavement. Do potholes and pavement cracks give you a rattle or could you hardly feel it?
- Accelerate! You’ll want to try this in places like when you are merging onto a highway or going up a hill. You should be able to tell if the car has enough power for you.
- Pay attention to how the car brakes. Are they responsive without being too sensitive?
- Determine how the car steers and handles. You’ll be driving through several situations, so you should get a good feel of how the car will handle on a regular basis.
These are seven basic areas that you can focus on during your test drive, and we’d love for you to come take a ride in one of our Ford vehicles today. Come down to your local Clarksburg, WV Ford dealership. You’ll also be able to check out all our specials on new Ford cars. We look forward to seeing you soon.