It’s no secret that vehicles that require a lot of power tend to be gas guzzlers. We’re looking at you trucks and full-size SUVs. However, a lot goes into a vehicle’s performance and a lot can improve fuel efficiency in major power players. Likewise, lots can improve power in smaller engine options. We dissect different types at Elkins Fordland.
- Cylinders – the chambers that burn gasoline and generate power in a vehicle
- Liters – the displacement value or total volume of the cylinders
- Four-Cylinder – four cylinders, typically in one engine block, taking up the least amount of space. These vehicles typically are the most fuel efficient due to the least amount of power generating.
- V6 – six cylinders, with two engine blocks in the shape of a ‘V’ and three cylinders in each one. These vehicles have more power. They can be turbocharged to make them more fuel efficient.
- V8 – eight cylinders, with two engine blocks in the shape of a ‘V’ and three cylinders in each one. Have the most power of all the engine types.
- Four-Cylinder –Ford Edge, Ford Escape, Ford Explorer, Ford Fusion, Ford Mustang
- V6 – Ford Fusion, Ford Edge, Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer, Ford F-150, Ford Flex, Ford Mustang, Ford Taurus
- V8 – Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-450, Ford Mustang
If you’re still unsure what you need out of your engine, reach out! You can call our team at 877-962-2566 and we’d be happy to help. Know what it is you need? Great! Come on by and we’ll get you taken care of. Plus, we know you’d like to see these engines in action. Visit our Ford dealership near Clarksburg, WV. It’s time for a test drive!